It’s the same old story, really.
A lamp is just a light.
A flashlight, or an LED flashlight.
You use it to illuminate a room or a spot on the floor.
But what happens when you throw it in a bathtub or a swimming pool, or into the trash, or in a toilet?
The lamp, of course, can get hot.
And it can get dangerous.
“When I first saw that there was an explosion at a home decor store in Orlando, I went up and sat down with a security guard and he told me, ‘That’s what you’re looking for,'” said Rachel, who owns the Lola Lounge and Bar in downtown New York.
“That’s the worst thing you can do.
That’s a sign that you’ve gone too far.
You have to be careful with anything.”
So Rachel’s decided to be cautious about her home decor lighting.
The store’s lights are made of metal, but they’re also LED, which is safer.
“It’s made of carbon fiber and it’s incredibly durable,” Rachel said.
“I think that it will last a long time, so that’s something that is very important to me.
It’s a very important part of my life.”
Rachel said she’s careful with her decor lights in the bathtub, but she’s not so careful with the lights in her kitchen, either.
“The biggest danger I see with any light is that it could get stuck in the toilet,” she said.
Rachel said her decor lighting should always be out of sight.
“You should never put it in the bathroom.
I always have to take the lamp out when I’m in the shower or in the kitchen,” she explained.
The best advice she can give to those who find themselves in the middle of a home renovation or remodeling project is to go slow.
“Make sure you understand what you are doing,” Rachel added.
“Before you start, ask yourself, ‘Is this something I would want to be responsible for?
Do I really want to pay for?'”
Rachel says she’s working with her home furnishings store to help others do the same.
“So if anyone in your family has a question or something they’d like me to know, I’m here to answer,” she shared.
“And if I’m not, let me know.”